Friday, October 26, 2012

Roll-Call



This is a hint of what I'm working on as a part of Comics Bulletin's 'Full Run' column. It kicks off in mid-November. 

Whilst on the hunt for some inspiration, I came across a great tumbler that's got the market cornered on Magik. This (see above) is from a recent issue of Wolverine and the X-Men. Truth be told, I didn't know Magik was part of the Phoenix Force until I saw this panel.

In case you missed it, I had a couple of pieces post this week. Over at The Two-Headed Nerd Comicast I've got an essay on why YOU should be reading The Massive by Brian Wood, Garry Brown and Dave Stewart.

Also, I interviewed author Alex De Campi about her graphic novel Ashes, the Eisner-nominated mini-series Smoke and a digital comic she's got, Valentine, about French solidiers during Napoleon's failed campaign to invade Russia. De Campi is a real spitfire and someone whom I hope the comics gods smile down upon in the very near future.

I've got another (assumed) masterpiece on the boil with Elkin that we hope we'll get out by next week (you hear that, Elkin?). The above image of Magik is by Chris Bachalo. It's pretty good and you can't beat Jason Aaron's lines about 'bear vs. baby goat' and 'exceedingly demonic.' These, however, are 'my' New Mutants below. Like the man says, 'Nuff said.


No comments:

Post a Comment